The 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games are underway. Day One of the Team competition kicked off August 3, shortly after the Individual competition earlier in the day. Team events will take place from August 3 to 7, with multiple events (or “workouts”) programmed throughout each day.
August 4 was initially scheduled to be a much-needed day of rest. However, due to an extended weather delay after Wednesday’s first event, Team Events Two and Three have been rescheduled and will replace the rest day.
Here are the results for the Team Division from the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games in Madison, WI.
Editor’s Note: On Feb. 24, 2022, CrossFit released a statement in which they said they would not recognize the governments of Russia or Belarus throughout the 2022 season. As a result, CrossFit has removed Russian and Belarusian flags and names from the profiles of Individual and Team competitors.
2022 CrossFit Games Teams Division Top 5
- CrossFit Mayhem Freedom [USA] — 194 points
- CrossFit Oslo Navy Blue [Norway] — 179 points
- CrossFit Mayhem Independence [USA] — 179 points
- CrossFit Invictus [USA] — 170 points
- CrossFit Omnia Black [USA] — 152 points
Event One — Biker Bob
The Team Division’s first event was “Biker Bob” — three rounds of multiple events performed for time. Each four-person team first needed to push a 667-pound “bob”-sled down a field length.
The teams then split into two mixed male-female pairs, with one pair performing a one-mile bike ride while the other male-female team pushed the sled 252 feet before immediately performing 30 synchronized toes-to-bar lifts. When the first team returned from the bike ride, each pair switched to perform the opposite event.
After the third round of toes-to-bar, all four members again pushed the sled to the finish line. The entire event had a maximum time limit of 40 minutes.
First Heat Top 5
Team 8th Day CrossFit Black — consisting of husband and wife pair Michael and Heather Paas, Ryan Schafer, and Zoe Jones — narrowly took the lead with their chance at the first event. It’s the Michigan-based team’s second appearance at the CrossFit Games.
- 8th Day CrossFit Black [USA] — 28:02.78
- CrossFit Oslo Purple Red [Norway] — 28:10.25
- CrossFit Taranis LifeTree [Canada] — 29:13.19
- CrossFit 2150 Team Norce BL [Norway] — 29:51.15
- Rhapsody CrossFit [USA] — 30:04.82
Second Heat Top 5
After a nearly three-hour weather delay, the second heat of team competition could begin. CrossFit Oslo Navy Blue, lead by two-time Individual Games winner Annie Thorisdottir, earned a first-place win over the formerly dominant CrossFit Mayhem Freedom, lead by four-time Individual Games champion Rich Froning.
- CrossFit Oslo Navy Blue [Norway] — 24:25.80
- CrossFit Mayhem Freedom [USA] — 24:37.81
- CrossFit Mayhem Independence [USA] — 24:37.87
- CrossFit Portti [Finland] — 25:01.19
- CrossFit Invictus [USA] — 25:09.67
Event Four — Pegs and P-Bars
Due to the weather delay, Team Event Four proceeded as initially planned, while Events Two and Three will take place on August 4. Pegs and P-Bars was a timed event which tested teams with multiple rounds of a pegboard climb, 15 parallel bar dips, and 15 synchronized burpees performed by all four team members simultaneously.
As an added challenge, the burpees were performed laterally over a 300+ pound “Worm” sandbag. The Worm was held by two team members while the remaining members performed the dips and pegboard.
Pegs and P-Bars Top 5
- 8th Day CrossFit Black [USA] — 9:28.04
- CrossFit Mayhem Freedom [USA] — 09:29.34
- CrossFit Move Fast Lift Heavy [USA] — 9:36.97
- CrossFit Taranis LifeTree [Canada] — Cap +2
- AB CrossFit [USA] — Cap +3
Featured Image: Courtesy of Barbell Stories