Sometimes the transitionals months of the year are the toughest when it comes to morning workouts. You know the times I’m talking about: It’s not freezing outside…but not exactly warm and inviting either. It’s not so dark that it feels like you’re waking up in the middle of the night…but it’s still not light enough to feel like you should be getting up. It’s that in-between time where, honestly, you’d probably prefer to sleep in.
Regardless of whether Punxsutawney Phil (or my personal favorite, Staten Island Chuck) may have seen a shadow, spring still feels a ways off for much of the country. It’s during this “When will it warm up already?!” time that I am a huge proponent of keeping workouts short and effective. Go in with a plan, get moving, and finish feeling accomplished and badass.
If you’re looking for extra motivation this week to lure you away from the softness of your pillow and sheets, this playlist is for you. These songs are all extra upbeat and super motivating to help power you through those sluggish mornings when you just need that little bit of encouragement. The list kicks off with hits from Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift, and Childish Gambino, and you’ll also find plenty of remixes on here from the likes of Demi Lovato, Shawn Mendes, and John Legend.
In short, think of this as a musical version of someone chanting, “You’ve got this!” until you’re finished with your workout. Check out the playlist on Spotify, or keep scrolling for all the tracks. Rise and shine, team!
- “What a Man Gotta Do” by Jonas Brothers
- “Anti-Hero – Kungs Remix” by Taylor Swift
- “All You Need to Know” by Gryffin, SLANDER, feat. Calle Lehmann
- “Bonfire” by Childish Gambino
- “Gold on the Ceiling” by The Black Keys
- “Met Him Last Night – Dave Audé Remix” by Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande
- “High Horse – Kue Remix” by Kacey Musgraves
- “Levels – Original Version” by Avicii
- “What Do I Do? – Benny Benassi Remix” by Georgia Ku
- “The Drop” by Dimitri Vegas, David Guetta, Nicole Scherzinger, Azteck
- “‘TRUSTFALL” by P!nk
- “Dancing With the DJ” by The Knocks
- “Lucky Me” by The Knocks, feat. Great Good Fine OK
- “Let Me Move You” by Sabrina Carpenter
- “You’re Free” by Icona Pop, Ultra Naté
- “Wonder – Surf Mesa Remix” by Shawn Mendes
- “Wild – MEDUZA Remix” by John Legend
- “Swing – Roosevelt Remix” by José González
- “Forgive Me” by Odesza, feat. Izzy Bizu
- “Save Your Tears” by The Weekend, Ariana Grande
- “Sleepyhead” by Passion Pit